Aviary Attorney has a unique aesthetic thanks to the use of genuine 19th century lithographs for the character art and backgrounds and French romantic-era music for the soundtrack. The game also includes unique time mechanics, a myriad of Parisian landmarks to explore, and decisions that resonate through the whole story.
- Unique time mechanics. Falcon only has a few days before each trial, so every decision counts! Careless moves may cost the player vital pieces of evidence.
- Four connected chapters of talon-biting intrigue and suspense.
- Three fully fleshed-out endings. Decisions have consequences!
- A detailed overworld map of Paris with a myriad of famous landmarks to be explored. Knock on the doors of Notre-Dame! Loot the Louvre!
- Dozens of colorful NPCs to interact with, from a café-running dodo to a pedantic librarian donkey.
- Authentic 19th century character art provided by revered French caricaturist J. J. Grandville.
- A beautiful soundtrack composed by famous romantic-era composers such as Camille Saint-Saëns, Hector Berlioz, and Frédéric Chopin.
New Features for the Switch version (Definitive Edition)
- Beautifully re-scanned, re-edited, and re-drawn art to make the graphics the best they can possibly be. These beaks have never looked so sharp!
- Earn medals to show everyone you're the fanciest bird around.
- Visit the art gallery and see the characters in their natural habitats!
- Try the jukebox! Listen to the whole soundtrack in its 19th century glory!
- A new, dyslexic-friendly font and further accessibility improvements.
Under the developer name of Sketchy Logic, Jeremy began designing, writing, and programming the game that would become Aviary Attorney, while Mandy provided art and animation assistance. Lyndon Holland was also brought on-board to arrange and orchestrate the classical soundtrack, and David Cheung later provided essential testing work. After a successful Kickstarter campaign and a (very intense) year of development, the game was finally released on Steam to a very positive reception.
In 2019, Leonor Parra and Kevin Colegate of Vertical Reach offered to do what was thought impossible and bring Aviary Attorney to the Nintendo Switch. Not content with simply porting the game as-is, they set to work editing and redrawing old assets, updating the entire game to suit the console format. The final result is Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition, which is ready for release on the 30th of January, 2020.
Jeremy Noghani is currently developing Small Saga, a game about a very angry mouse.
Vertical Reach are creating all kinds of interesting games.
Screenshots & Artwork
Click here for a zip file of additional promotional art and logos.
Below are a selection of high-resolution Definitive Edition screenshots.